1. What trail did Daniel Boone help improve that became the main route for Americans heading west?
a. El Camino Real
b. Route 66
c. the Northwest Passage
d. Wilderness Road
2. In what year did Congress approve the Articles of Confederation?
3. What group of laborers protested in Shay's Rebellion?
4. Which state had the largest enslaved population in 1790?
a. North Carolina
5. What is the name for a person chosen to speak or act for another person?
6. Who is known as the "Father of the Constitution"?
a. James Madison
b. John Adams
c. George Washington
d. Thomas Jefferson
7. How many new states were admitted between 1791 and 1812?
8. Which country did not make a claim for the Oregon Territory?
d. United States
9. Where did Louis and Clark begin their expedition in 1804?
a. St. Louis
b. Washington, D.C.
d. New Orleans
10. What river did Louis and Clark follow through the Great Plains?
a. Colorado River
b. Red River
c. Columbia River
d. Missouri River
Big Idea Activity |
Field Trip |
Day in the Life |
Local Connection |
Quick Quiz |
California Vistas |
Making A New Nation
Published by Macmillan/McGraw-Hill, a division of the Educational and Professional
Publishing Group of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc., 1221 Avenue of the Americas,
New York, New York 10020. Copyright ©2007 Macmillan/McGraw-Hill. All rights reserved. Image Credits