Step 1. Questions
Beginning in the years after World War Two, both the United States and the Soviet Union began exploring space. In the years since, space missions have provided great knowledge, great adventure, and some of mankindís greatest achievements.
For this e-Journal project, you will research and report on at least three different space missions. Here are questions to ask about each mission.
Are you ready? Begin by visiting the Web sites listed in Step 2. Look for the answers to the questions listed above, and write down what you learn in the note-taking boxes.
- What was the goal of the mission? Was the goal achieved?
- What spacecraft or other vehicles did the mission use?
- What astronauts participated in the mission?
- What happened during the mission? Did the mission proceed as planned?
- What new knowledge or discoveries came from the mission?
- What questions do you have about missions to space?
You may use search engines to research other Web sites. Or research space exploration at the library. When you are ready, follow Steps 3 and 4 to write your report.
Step 2. Research
Research answers for the questions you were asked in Step 1. Visit these Web sites. Take notes about them on this page, too!